Questions candidates get asked in job interviews: Primary School Teacher
These are actual questions asked of our clients in job interviews
- If you were to write to the Department of Education, what would you change about the curriculum?
- How would you deal with conflict with a colleague?
- How would you describe your teaching style?
- What are the key elements of a professional code of conduct for teachers?
- What aspect of your experience most prepares you for this role?
- How do you keep your skills current?
- How do you handle behavioural issues such as bullying in the classroom?
- How would you motivate disinterested pupils?
- What makes a good team? Give me an example of a time when you worked in an effective team or name a time when you lead a project/group in your school.
- How important are the arts in education?
- How important is teamwork?
- What do you think of tumoideachas (total immersion in Irish)? [This question was asked in a Gaeltacht-based school].
- How will you contribute to the Catholic ethos of the school?